Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Bread Box

I have noticed a trend of edible options out on the streets: various types of breads. Lewis has inhaled pizza crusts, bread sticks, crutons, bagettes, garlic bread, french bread, bread slices, bread crumbs, saltines, goldfish, rolls, muffins, cupcakes, cakes slices, croissants, and the list goes on. Why do people throw these bits of bread out onto the streets? Never before have I been walking down a city street, eating a muffin, and decided, "I don't want this muffin anymore, I'm just going to drop it on the street." Never have I been driving down the road, eating a slice of pizza and tossed an unwanted crust out the window. Never before have I eaten half a handful of goldfish and dropped the rest on the sidewalk. I must meet these bread-discarding marauders. I must understand their motives. My rotator cuff is getting sore from hauling Lewis away from snacks on the street. Perhaps we can come to some understanding. Can they not save the muffin half for later? Share it with a friend perhaps? Cut the crust off the pizza before they snack on it while taking a walk? Not eat bread products outside of their house at all? Surely there must be an answer to this overload of bread on the streets. Or maybe I have the answer. Maybe it is a vacuum by the name of Lewis.

1 comment:

  1. HA HA HA! I see I should have reserved that last comment for this post!

    ReplyDelete